From: "Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)" <fordfrog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding NETBEANS to USE_EXPAND
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:15:14
1 I do not know about Eclipse that much but from my point of view there is
2 a big difference between Eclipse and Netbeans. Eclipse is an IDE where
3 you have to install plugins after installation of Eclipse to make
4 yourself productive, whereas Netbeans provides complete working IDE in
5 single package (with the possibility to include/exclude some modules),
6 although the option for installing extra modules is available too. So
7 unless Eclipse external modules are installed with the IDE, it makes no
8 sense to apply the same logic for Eclipse, as the way Eclipse modules
9 are distributed is quite different from how Netbeans does it.
10
11 Miroslav ¦ulc (fordfrog)
12 Gentoo Java Team
13