From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:36:12
1 On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 00:27, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > Okay, I think this is pretty cool and we should find it a new home in
4 > the Gentoo infrastructure.
5 >
6 > I was thinking about http://qa-reports.gentoo.org/ with the repo at
7 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/qa-scripts.git;a=summary
8 >
9 > I can act as a proxy committer and reviewer for that code. Could you
10 > break it up into some smaller parts (preferably backend first) and send
11 > to me for review (if you're interested)?
12 >
13 > How long does it take to generate the reports?
14
15 +1 I think it would be good to run this on Gentoo infra, and I
16 wouldn't mind helping out.
17
18 Bikeshedding: not sure "reports" is the best name for this, as reports
19 implies something more static? Also not sure how much it has to do
20 with QA.
21
22 How much of it constitutes the backend, in your opinion? It seems
23 there are two parts, right now:
24
25 1. euscan script, to find new versions for a single package
26 2. the django www app, including storage for the version data
27
28 IMO it would be nice to have a somewhat generic REST-style service
29 exposing the data, and build a simple UI on top of that. In
30 particular, I have different ideas about what the UI should look like,
31 so it would be nice if different people could experiment (and/or
32 integrate in other services like znurt.org).
33
34 Cheers,
35
36 Dirkjan