From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] seeds, GLEPs, and projects
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:37:19
1 On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:28:46 +0200 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Grant Goodyear wrote:
4 | > If we
5 | > (being Gentoo) say that we're going to do something, and then things
6 | > fall through, it might make us look bad, after all.
7 |
8 | Maybe it's just me being stupid, but what exactly do we have to loose?
9 | (This is a serious question, I'd appreciate serious answers.)
10
11 Huge amounts of time, effort and users. How much arch team time was
12 spent fixing genkernel? How much time was spent fixing the OS X mess?
13 How many users did we lose as a result of all the QA screwups?
14
15 As much as I hate relying upon slashdot for anything reasonable at all,
16 an awful lot of people in that thread were suggesting that more time be
17 spent on QA and fixing existing bugs and much less on fancy new
18 things...
21 Ciaran McCreesh
22 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org