From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:54:43
1 On 11/29/03 Christian Birchinger wrote:
2
3 > A small thought about all this license default stuff.
4 > I think it should accept everything by default which doesn't
5 > ask the user to accept something on first launch or installer
6 > start. This is mostly everything which comes as source or in
7 > normal .tar.gz archives. The reason is that with this kind of
8 > software the user has to unpack everything anyway to read the
9 > LICENSE file or the README.
10 > In reality this are mostly games or "big" commercial apps.
11 > That's ok because those arent that many. What i would hate to
12 > see is that the user needs to accept licenses for stuff like djb
13 > ware (no i'm no fan of it it's just an example).
14
15 my 0.02ยข: add all non-problematic licenses to make.globals and add
16 several examples to make.conf for "fsf-only", "fsf+osi", "status-quo",
17 whatever-is-needed, that should cover all needs.
18
19 Marius
24 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
25 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list