From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage 1.5_pre Update
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:38:02
1 On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:18:11AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 : Hello all,
3 :
4 : Right now, there's a new version of Portage (1.5_pre1) on CVS that features
5 : many major improvements (several that were suggested on this list). It breaks
6 : compatibility with our older .tbz2 package format, so at this point it's
7 : intended for testers only. Here's an outline of all changes:
8
9 Okay, two questions.
10
11 1. Will this format be used for 1.4? Or will 1.4_rc2 just become 1.4
12 and then we begin moving forward?
13
14 2. Is there still a text readable CONTENTS file? One of the things I
15 really like is that I can quickly scan to see what has been put where.
16 If not, is there an easy way to get the contents out of xpak?
17
18 --Jerry
19
20 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
21 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
22 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
23 || than that!