From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] git-r3: initial draft for review
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 00:18:12
1 On 31 August 2013 00:37, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello, all.
3 >
4 > After a few days of thinking, discovering and working, here it is.
5 > The first working draft of new git eclass codenamed 'git-r3'.
6 >
7 > First of all, the name is not final. I'm open to ideas. I'm open to
8 > naming it 'git-r1' to put it in line with my other -r1 eclasses :).
9 > I'd definitely like to avoid 'git-3' though, since that version-like
10 > naming was a mistake as almost-'python-2' eclass shown.
11 >
12 > Secondly, it's not even final that there will be a new eclass. Most
13 > likely I will commit it as a new eclass since that way is easier for us
14 > but if you prefer I may try to get it and git-2 more API-friendly
15 > and work on making it a almost-drop-in replacement. Since, after all,
16 > internals have actually changed much more than the API.
19 Hi,
20
21 I have no capacity to review the eclass right now (although I promise
22 I will soon)
23 but I was wondering why the whole eclass is inside the " if [[ !
24 ${_GIT_R3} ]] " block.
25 Is it so you can avoid inheriting the same eclass twice? I haven't
26 seen that before
27 so I was wondering if that's the only reason. If yes, then maybe this
28 needs to be solved in PM scope instead?
29 As in, prevent portage from inheriting the same eclass twice instead
30 of handling this case in the eclass itself.
33 Regards,
34 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
35 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang