From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: Andy Arbon <gentoo@××××××××××××××.uk>, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ntpd and ntpdate
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:25:44
1 On Tuesday 18 March 2003 08:14 am, Andy Arbon wrote:
4 > Thanks for the advice. This still isn't really what I was after. I want
5 > a really lightweight way of making sure that my machines are in
6 > reasonable sync, but I'm not really worried about it enough to want to
7 > have another daemon process hanging around looking after the time.
8
9 Try merging net-misc/rdate, and just put rdate in your root crontab. rdate
10 works fine if you don't need microsecond accuracy ...
11
12 # rdate -s <whatever timeserver you use>
13
14 Also look into using 'hwclock --systohc' as well. The man pages have all
15 the info you will need.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Dylan Carlson
19
20 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F
21 Key fingerprint = 3AEA DE38 FE42 15A6 C0E2 730E 3D04 BCC1 708E 165F
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list