From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: scarabeus@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] git-2: a bunch of patches to review
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:03:14
1 On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:46:10 +0200
2 Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > 0007 - I placed it into the conditionals to be clear what is
5 > happening, what if there will be added another if without the push...
6
7 Well, that part is not important, I can rollback it. It was mostly for
8 the repack/prune part.
9
10 > 0010 - 0011 - I was serious with getting crashes on some packages with
11 > this approach (suprisingly i first really tried to make the eclass
12 > backcompat as much as possible), did you get anyone else to ack this
13 > thing? FWIW it is like fetching new packages, I can agree that
14 > dowloading whole qt or libreoffice can make someone sad, but it is
15 > just few megs compared to the rest of your weekly world update. -> You
16 > are introducing possibility to nicely fail without any simple
17 > resolution why for almost no benefit.
18
19 Even with 'git clone' approach? Could you point me to a particular test
20 case or bug describing this thoroughly?
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny