From: Gert Menke <gert@××××××××.net>
To: kjwolf@×××××××.de
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some ideas of "improving" Gentoo
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:32:55
1 Hi,
2
3 > many thanks for this marvellous distribution of Gentoo !
4 ack
5
6 > 1. Wouldn't it be a good to make all the binaries in /bin and /sbin
7 > statically linked?
8 >
9 > This is standard with the BSD's and has the big advantage of having at
10 > least some rudimentary commands working if some important libraries get
11 > damaged or lost.
12
13 I always thought that busybox was intended for excactly this purpose, but
14 when I installed it a few days ago, it got linked statically, which made it
15 rather useless to me. Guess I should file a bug report.
16
17 Regards
18 Gert