From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating AMD64 17.0 profiles?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 09:27:37
1 On 10-11-2020 09:21:53 +0000, Alexey Sokolov wrote:
2 > > What instructed you to perform the migration? Was it the news-item? I
3 > > don't think it should apply for Prefix profiles, and perhaps we should
4 > > be happy the tool won't work.
5 >
6 > It was the big scary warning about the deprecation whenever I run
7 > emerge. It contains list of steps.
8
9 Ok. I don't know if we can do anything about that.
10
11 > > Did it do anything to your system like creating a lib64 directory? Does
12 > > anything work (because I have doubts on whether your system can still
13 > > find the libs in there now).
14 >
15 > Yes. Attaching logs.
16
17 The logs seem to indicate that it thinks all libs on your systems do not
18 belong to any package. This suggests the tool cannot locate the VDB or
19 something, as most of the things in the list are obviously owned by
20 packages.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Fabian