From: "Björn Lindström" <bkhl@×××××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo's trouble with /bin/sh
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:06:20
Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> [20030424 18:48]:
> Reading through bug 18918, Azarah's comments seem perfectly reasonable > to me, so I think the author of that message was a bit harsh.
Reading them through myself, I also think I might have been a bit harsh. I apologize if I have offended anyone.
> Lindström's last comment on that bug does seem fairly clear, but I'm > wondering if his proposed fix will break /etc/profile for the zsh (and > any other fancy *sh that might exist that I don't know anything > about)?
Being a zsh-head myself, I can answer that one. zsh doesn't even take a look at /etc/profile, unless you call it as as /bin/sh or /bin/ksh, in which case you are probably not running it interactively, anyway. As for other fancy shells, you can be pretty sure they wont like those bash-prompt-strings either, and they certainly wont have $BASH set. On the whole, they should be happy about it, too. -- Björn Lindström <bkhl@×××××××××××××.se> Home page: http://hem.fyristorg.com/bkhl/ Blog: http://bkhl.livejournal.com/ Elektrubadur demo: http://hem.fyristorg.com/bkhl/elektrubadur/ -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list