From: Panard <panard@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge with interacitve use
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:28:16
1 Le Mardi 29 Avril 2003 22:03, Eric Noack a écrit :
2 | cool idea, but how about printing the list of supported usevars,
3 | and the list of USE's taken if -I would not have been specified 1st?
4 emerge -vp ?
7 | what about if
8 | emerge -u -I world
9 | is specified, or more than one package is emerged at a time ?
10 | ask for every ebuild seperately? or ask for all of them on start?
11 | wouldbe better i think because you can go asleep for a 6 hours emerge kde,
12 | or -u world if world includes openoffice or such...
13
14 no It didn't work now with world or system keywords....
17 It should work with multiple packages, ebuild, tbz, and ask separatly for
18 each...
19
20 However, the list of packages is just the list that you give in arguments, it
21 wouldn't ask for packages that an ebuild depend or rdepend (too many ask for
22 one or two ebuild)... but if you think that is a good idea, perhaps it will
23 be fine to work about this....
24
25 To test the interactivity, use -p option, interactivity will have the same
26 behaviour...
30 I just hope that my poor english is quite understandable....
34 Thanks for your interest!
37 Panard
42 panard@×××××××.org http://www.inzenet.org
43
44 "Computers are like air-conditioners, they stop working properly when you open
45 Windows."
48 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list