From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tmpfiles: call for testers
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 04:06:16
1 On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 18:15:42 -0600
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 03:33:10PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 17:41:02 -0600
6 > > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > All,
9 > > >
10 > > > as part of bug 599044 [1], I have created a tmpfiles project which is a
11 > > > standalone utility to handle systemd style tmpfiles.d files.
12 > > >
13 > > > There is currently a live ebuild in the tree, but I haven't done any
14 > > > releases yet.
15 > > >
16 > > > Take a look at it, and anything about it is open for discussion at this
17 > > > point.
18 > > >
19 > > > The name is a bit vague, but honestly I couldn't figure out a better
20 > > > name. I don't really want openrc in the name, because this is meant to
21 > > > be more generic than that; it is not meant to require OpenRC to run.
22 > > > OpenRC will use it, but not the other way around.
23 > >
24 > > opentmpfiles? tmprc? :-D
25 >
26 > Hmm, I don't know if you are being serious or just messing with me, but
27 > if you are being serious I'll consider opentmpfiles. In a way that makes
28 > sense because of openrc/openresolv/opentmpfiles.
29 >
30 > If there are no objections I'll rename it.
31
32 Just throwing names alike openrc/netifrc around. I don't mind either
33 way.
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny
38 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>