From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vim syntax global use flag
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:38:43
1 On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:21:37 -0400 "Caleb Cushing"
2 <xenoterracide@×××××.com> wrote:
3 | I was thinking a while back (dangerous) ;-). That it would be a good
4 | idea to have a global use flag for all packages that have related vim
5 | syntax ebuilds. say I set the use flag (let's call it vim-syntax) for
6 | pam, then it would pull app-vim/pam-syntax, there are I think at least
7 | 20 syntax ebuilds.
8
9 I was going to do this, but never got around to it...
10
11 Note that the deps have to be a PDEPEND to avoid circular dependency
12 issues.
13
14 | this might also allow for the removal of the meta ebuilds that pull
15 | multiple syntax files. I'm not sure on that though, because some might
16 | still want to pull all files at once.
17
18 The meta ebuild is still useful IMO.
21 Ciaran McCreesh
22 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org