From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for windows apps under wine?
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 16:51:20
1 On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 22:32 +0200, aeriksson@××××××××.fm wrote:
2 > Are there any plans for supporting ebuilds for windows apps which use
3 > wine? I just installed wine (via the ebuild) to enable DVDShrink to
4 > be installed. Worked like a charm, but it would have been much cooler
5 > to 'emerge dvdshrink' and have wine pulled in as a dependancy.
6 >
7 > I realize there's a ton of stuff to take care of, but since the newer
8 > windows version support 'sharing apps' among multiple user accounts,
9 > there just might be a way to make them root-owned, or some such...
10 >
11 > Anyone done any thining in this area?
12
13 We don't want to have to support a ton of closed-source Windows apps
14 that aren't native, so I seriously doubt that any developer would take
15 on such a task.
18 Chris Gianelloni
20 Games - Developer
21 Gentoo Linux