From: Bob Phan <bob@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Parsable list of all use variables.
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:08:26
1 I think it would be a good idea for someone (I could do this if no one
2 wants to) to maintain a parsable list of all the use variables, what
3 they are for, and which ebuilds use them. This would be useful for
4 writing tools that would want to know this information, or even for
5 automatic maintenence of a webpage for use variables. CSV or XML
6 would be a good format for this. XML may be overkill, expecially for
7 someone wanting to write a shell script with acess to this
8 information, but XML would also work great for c, perl, python, and
9 web maintenence.
10
11 I have taken a look at /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc,
12 and while useful for users to read, it is not easily parsable.
13
14 Any thoughts, suggestions?
17 /*
18 * Bob Phan <bob@××××××××××××××××.net,rphan@××××.com>
19 * Computational Chemistry Informatics
20 * Neurogen Corporation
21 * (203)488-8201 x4645
22 *
23 * To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.
24 */