From: Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [feedback/testing needed] sys-kernel big changes
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:46:24
1 Hey everyone, your faithless former kernel junkie here, I was planning
2 on doing this before I disappeared a few months ago, but due to recent
3 trials and tribulations in the sys-kernel dir and kernel.eclass, it's
4 time has come NOW.
5
6 NO MORE VERSION LOGIC ALLOWED IN kernel.eclass! The attached patch
7 fixes, updates, inserts, whatever was necessary all version logic in the
8 ebuilds which use kernel.eclass. Also attached is a replacement
9 kernel.eclass which does not have any version logic. PLEASE TEST any of
10 these kernels and or all of them, and get back to me, if I do not get
11 negative feedback or at least a "can you wait while I test" requests by
12 today at 0600GMT (midnight Central Standard Time) I will commit both of
13 these.
14
15 Notes:
16 -the new kernel.eclass AND the old kernel.eclass should both work fine
17 with the sys-kernel.patch applied
18 -the patch is patch -p1 from the sys-kernel directory
19 -I had to bzip2 this stuff so that gentoo-dev ml would accept them
20
21 --Brandon Low

sys-kernel.patch.bz2 application/octet-stream
kernel.eclass.bz2 application/octet-stream