From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pkgmerge and auto dependency install
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:52:03
1 On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 08:06:51AM -0600, Brian Snipes wrote:
2
3 > Ok.. just installed the base rc4 pre2 of Gentoo and have a question. I there
4 > any place that I can put the packages and then any command(s) that I can run
5 > that will install a package I choose and all of its dependencies from the
6 > files I have on the CD. For instance, if I want to install Gnome and it says
7 > that I need so and so as a dependency (which needs so and so - on and on and
8 > on), the command will find my existing packages and install them
9 > (dependencies and all) to satisfy the requirements of the Gnome package.
10 > Clear as mud?
11
12 The short answer is that a recursive pkgmerge is not done yet, but is easy to
13 code and will be in 1.0_rc4 final.
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>