From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for windows apps under wine?
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 08:38:42
1 On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 10:32:53PM +0200, aeriksson@××××××××.fm wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Are there any plans for supporting ebuilds for windows apps which use
6 > wine? I just installed wine (via the ebuild) to enable DVDShrink to
7 > be installed. Worked like a charm, but it would have been much cooler
8 > to 'emerge dvdshrink' and have wine pulled in as a dependancy.
9
10 Wouldn't this effectively shove the requirement of triggering whatever
11 uninstall script/app bundled with the windows app, onto portage?
12 I can't really see any clean way to do that.
13
14 Sure, might be nice/easier using emerge, but I don't see any
15 clean/easy way portage could actually provide the expected support for
16 it. Doesn't help that ebuilds aren't interactive, and windows app
17 installation are exactly the other way around :)
18 ~brian
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list