From: Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Vanilla behaviour in Gentoo Linux (long email)
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 23:29:33
1 On Tuesday 04 November 2003 19:00, Terje Kvernes wrote:
2 >
3 > first, slocate I/O shouldn't be able to bring your box to a crawl.
4 > secondly, you're free to kill the processes while they're running.
5
6 Well, slocate does bring my system to a crawl. More than likely due to the
7 crappy/old hardware Gentoo is on. If I have to get something done I
8 usually did kill the processes but as of late I just moved the cron jobs to
9 weekly.
10
11 > inject an ebuild with a version number high enough that you won't
12 > ever see it again.
13
14 I really don't want to resort to this because security flaws could exist in
15 slocate that I may not be made aware of.
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list