From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tinfo flag
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 19:04:41
1 On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 2:17 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 1:05 PM, konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:54 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:13 AM, konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>> Please consider promoting the use of tinfo flag in packages that
6 >>>> depend on sys-libs/ncurses so that they would synchronize properly
7 >>>> with sys-libs/ncurses[tinfo].
8 >>>
9 >>> I would rather see the tinfo USE flag removed from ncurses.
10 >>
11 >> There are people who use packages that rely on sys-libs/ncurses[tinfo].
12 >
13 > So we should either:
14 >
15 > 1. Always enable tinfo.
16 > 2. Always disable tinfo, but install a binary compatibility symlink:
17 >
18 > /lib/libtinfo.so.6 -> libncurses.so.6
19
20 If that's certain not to cause issues now or in the future, and is
21 workable in all depending packages, then I'm ok with it.
24 konsolebox