From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] colon separated variables in /etc/env.d/
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:19:30
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > What is the best way to propagate information about these two
3 > variable types? For example, we can have a list of variable names
4 > stored in a new variable called "COLON_SEPARATED" that will reside
5 > in either the profiles or /etc/env.d/ itself. Variable names not
6 > listed in COLON_SEPARATED can be assumed to be space separated.
7 > Does anyone have any ideas to share about how this information
8 > should be propagated?
9
10 Considering that some pretty critical variables (like PATH) are amongst
11 these I would prefer them to be in /etc/env.d. I wouldn't like it when
12 my box is totally screwed just because PORTDIR doesn't point at my
13 portage tree for the moment.
16 Kind Regards,
17
18 Simon Stelling