From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gnome <gnome@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:38:13
El dom, 20-06-2010 a las 20:12 +0530, Arun Raghavan escribió:
> Hi folks, > I'd like to propose a new global USE-flag: introspection. > > The purpose of the flag is to enable the building of GIR for the > package using dev-libs/gobject-introspection. gobject-introspection is > going to be quite important in upcoming GNOME releases, allowing for > the automated generation of bindings for several languages. > > We already have 13 packages using this flag, with several more to > come. The current description being used in packages' metadata.xml > sucks - I'll put something more descriptive in the final flag. > > Any objections? I'll wait till Wed (June 23rd) before adding this if > there aren't any. > > Cheers!
I agree with having it as a new global USE-flag, but I am unsure about enabling it by default just now, since some automagic dependency problems appeared some time ago :-/, but I will leave this decision to other Gnome team members as I don't know much about introspection and maybe these issues got fixed already Best regards