From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Race condition in Netfilter triggered by glibc 2.9
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:33:56
Hi!

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
> If it works, I'll test drive it for a while and report back.
I've been running a patched glibc-2.9_p20081201-r1 for a week now. Nothing broke and I've been unable to trigger the lost packet syndrome by using getaddrinfo(). I was still able to produce it by sending UDP packets myself, but that was to be expected. So in essence, the patch I mentioned "works". We could use it should we want to have a glibc 2.9. On the bug mentioned earlier (where I got the patch from), one of the glibc guys mentions that more work is planned for the resolver part of glibc, so this whole ordeal may pass us. Regards, Tobias -- printk("NONONONOO!!!!\n"); linux-2.6.6/drivers/atm/zatm.c