From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Race condition in Netfilter triggered by glibc 2.9
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:33:56
1 Hi!
2
3 On Mon, 02 Feb 2009, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
4 > If it works, I'll test drive it for a while and report back.
5
6 I've been running a patched glibc-2.9_p20081201-r1 for a week
7 now. Nothing broke and I've been unable to trigger the lost
8 packet syndrome by using getaddrinfo(). I was still able to
9 produce it by sending UDP packets myself, but that was to be
10 expected.
11
12 So in essence, the patch I mentioned "works". We could use it
13 should we want to have a glibc 2.9. On the bug mentioned earlier
14 (where I got the patch from), one of the glibc guys mentions that
15 more work is planned for the resolver part of glibc, so this
16 whole ordeal may pass us.
17
18 Regards,
19 Tobias