From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:14:26
1 On Saturday 19 June 2010 23:01:33 Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > you're actively stepping in the way of moving fists to complain that
3 > people punch you. Stop doing that.
4
5 You mean banning trolls is an invitation for you to snip the trolling and
6 publicly accusing me of banning them on a whim? (excerpt from
7 http://www.gentooexperimental.org/~patrick/weblog/archives/2008-03.html#e2008-03-31T20_31_17.txt)
8
9 > So things are starting to look quite toasty. The "nice" paludis people even
10 > keep the bad vibes away:
11 >
12 > [17:12:44] *** Mode #paludis +b *!*@gentoo/user/FamousToaster by dleverton
13 > [17:13:11] *** Mode #paludis +b D0pamine!*@* by dleverton
14 > [17:13:15] <-* dleverton has kicked fragalot from #paludis (bye bye)
15 > [17:13:19] <-* dleverton has kicked D0pamine from #paludis (bye bye)
16 > [17:13:35] *** Mode #paludis -o dleverton by dleverton
17 >
18 > followed by
19 >
20 > 17:19 rane> i'm a gentoo developer relations project member
21 > 17:19 fragalot> Hi. :)
22 > 17:20 rane> and i want to inform you that if you continue to behave the way
23 > you did on #paludis, your gentoo/user cloak will be
24 > removed
25 >
26 > Behaving that way meaning joining the channel and saying "Hi" ? Wow, that's
27 > great. So I must really recommend to users never to go near that place as
28 > they will have firebreathing dragons on their behind within minutes.
29
30 Or asking for opinions on a technical issue is a form of trolling?
31
32 http://www.gentooexperimental.org/~patrick/weblog/archives/2008-05.html#e2008-05-03T22_15_54.txt
33
34 There's plenty more, but I don't think it would be productive to try and track
35 down everything.