From: Christian Hergl <weehawk@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Missing Alsa driver.
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:52:49
1 Greetings list,
2
3 I'm new to gentoo linux, and like the concept so far. Using the latest
4 build and a few days old portage sync, I stumbled over a tiny problem:
5
6 I tried to install the gnome core, seeing what depencies it has and
7 running through the install of the various packages. Until.... the alsa
8 utilities complain, that they can't find the alsa drivers.
9
10 Well, the drivers are not in the portage tree =) Tried to manually
11 install the sources 0.5.x, but the compile stops with an unexpected ';'
12 somewhere =P So am stuck =P
13
14 Am not much of a coder, but I thought it might be interesting to have
15 the alsa drivers in the portage tree too? Or do I get something wrong
16 here and don't need those at all?
17 I use a self-compiled kernel 2.4.4 with a Soundblaster PCI64 support as
18 a module.
19
20 Regards,
21 Christian
22
23 PS: I get a missing 'kde-env' when I try to install kde. Is that normal?
24 Or could I get around it?