From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:17:58
1 Hi again Michał,
2 On 3/27/20 11:48 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > Nope, just ::gentoo. Minus ebuilds with RESTRICT=mirror.
4
5 I have some doubts after reading the mirror documentation[1] in the
6 context of personal overlays (not official).
7
8 There is two procedures defined as I could understand:
9 - manually upload a file to mirror://gentoo, scp it to
10 dev.gentoo.org:/space/distfiles-local
11
12 - having SRC_URI defined as
13 SRC_URI="https://dev.gentoo.org/~myname/distfiles/${P}.tar.gz" to avoid
14 namespace collisions with RESTRIC=mirror in ebuild would be uploaded
15 automatically
16
17 The use of mirror://gentoo directly is a deprecated policy. So it must
18 be used https instead.
19
20 1) Did I understand it right?
21
22 2) What is dev.gentoo.org:~/public_html? Do this means that is only
23 available to Gentoo official developers the access to the mirror[2]?
24
25 Best,
26
27 Samuel