From: nate <nate@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds which install fonts
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:15:45
1 On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:40:54PM +0900, Ryan Shaw wrote:
2 > fonts. the ebuilds i have seen thus far
3 > which install fonts (freefonts and x11fonts-jmk)
4 > create new subdirectories of of /usr/lib/X11/fonts.
5 > this seems bad though, since it means that
6 > a new FontPath needs to be added to XF86Config
7
8 What about having multiple, slightly different, copies of, say, the
9 "times" font from different packages. I've run into this several times.
10 For an example see 75dpi vs 100dpi directories, a contrived example I
11 admit, but one everyone has. I really think keeping font packages
12 separate is a good idea because eventually you're likely to run into
13 this I think.
14
15 Just my 2 cents :)
19 --Nathaniel Grady