From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] i have an idea ! (erescue)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:57:27
1 On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 17:31 -0400, Olivier Crête wrote:
2 > I had exactly the same problem recently and I had a hard time finding a
3 > fitting tbz2 since the package was part of the stages and not the GRP.
4 >
5 > Just having packages built as part of a stage3 uploaded somewhere
6 > as .tbz2s on the mirrors would already be a good first step and isn't
7 > much more work for the release teams.
8
9 ...and you speak for the mirror admins and their space constraints,
10 correct?
11
12 This would add quite a bit of space to the mirrors. The average stage3
13 tarball is about 100MB. So you can assume that the packages would equal
14 about the same. Multiply this by the number of releasing arches, and
15 possibly even subarches, and you have an additional 1GB just from
16 x86/ppc.
19 Chris Gianelloni
21 Games - Developer
22 Gentoo Linux