From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project summaries
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:08:06
1 >>>>> On Wed, 6 May 2009, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2
3 > any project lead/member can post an answer to this mail for a status
4 > report:
5
6 Emacs project:
7
8 Christian has already reported, and I think he has covered the major
9 points. So nothing to add from my side.
12 Eselect project:
13
14 I've joined the project one month ago. Looks like it's my duty to
15 write a status report. ;-)
16
17 * eselect-1.0.12 is out since three weeks. I've fixed most bugs
18 (a dozen or so) that were open in bugzilla. So far, no regressions
19 have been reported, so this version will be good for stabilisation
20 soon.
21
22 Hopefully this is also the last release from the 1.0.x branch,
23 whose retirement is (IMHO) long overdue.
24
25 * The eselect trunk has some new bells and whistles, including:
26 - support for OpenRC in the "rc" module
27 - "package-manager" library has been updated for Portage 2.1.6
28 - new "modules" module, for listing and querying eselect modules
29 - modules for EDITOR and PAGER environment variables
30 - "news-tng", yet another module for reading GLEP 42 news
31 (mainly with better Portage support)
32 - the dysfunctional "mailer" module will be removed
33 - more bug fixes; some of the reports are open since 2006 :-(
34
35 There are still some things to be done before the release of
36 version 1.1.0, but I hope that it will be ready in the second half
37 of this month.
38
39 Ulrich