From: Craig Callender <craigc@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gnome GUI
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 23:56:02
1 I'm currently working on a Gnome Frontend for Portage (currently named
2 GnoPortage *grin*). Working on it is still at the primitive level, I'm
3 designing the interface right now and how it will get package info, etc...
4
5 In order to minimize re-coding (I have all summer to do this, then I will
6 be back in school, so I would prefer to only work on bugs and not
7 features) I was curious where I could get some info about Portage 2. I
8 figure we will be there soon, considering we are at 1.9.x something right
9 now. Also, if there is a Gnome developer out there I would love to get
10 their feedback on my GUI design to see if they like/dis-like it, or have
11 suggestions. Thanks.
12
13 -- Craig Callender
14
15 In the beginning there was data. The data was without form and
16 null, and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of
17 IBM was moving over the face of the market. And DEC said, "Let there
18 be registers"; and there were registers. And DEC saw that they
19 carried; and DEC separated the data from the instructions. DEC called
20 the data Stack, and the instructions they called Code. And there was
21 evening and there was morning, one interrupt.
22 -- Rico Tudor, "The Story of Creation or, The Myth of Urk"