From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:06:07
Le lundi 05 juillet 2010 à 08:57 +0000, Duncan a écrit :
[lots of stuff about bashisms and posix]
> So let's stabilize OpenRC and be done with it, and /then/ we can debate > where we want to go from there. >
YES, let's get it stable. However please consider not re-adding bashisms and/or not make it less POSIX shell compliant than it already is at light speed. It is a great thing that openrc tries to achieve and allows more use of openrc than basic desktop/server gentoo usage (think embedded and other distros). At least one other distro did this move a while ago (debian) and I don't think they will go back. Seeing they are also moving to a dependency based init system, they probably could just run a fork of openrc (for their init scripts are not exactly compatible with what we do). -- Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> Gentoo