From: Edward Zaborowski <edward.zaborowski@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: PROMISE20269 & gentoo kernel
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 17:41:08
1 Good Evening,
2 I am writing as to a problem I am having with the latest gentoo kernel. I
3 have a promise 20269 controller, which I was previously using with the linux
4 kernel 2.4.19 before the gentoo kernel tree split to its many incarnations it
5 is now in.
6 As for my problem, when I boot, my kernel complains about hde & kdf,
7 specifically,
8 hdf: set_drive_speed_status status: 0xff {busy}
9
10 It also complains about an 80 pin cable.
11
12 I've not had this problem with the previous kernel, and was wondering if
13 anyone else has had this problem, and if a solution has been found.
14
15 My promise controller is a pci ATA 133 controller that came with the maxtor
16 160GB/ATA133 HD I purchased. hde is the aforementioned drive, while hdf is a
17 120GB/ATA100 Western Digital Drive.
18
19 Any help is greatly appreciated.
20