From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] updating ebuilds
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 18:55:36
1 Write the ebuild and post it to bugzilla.
2
3 Thanks for helping out.
4
5 -Jared H.
6
7 Mike Hull wrote:
8 > What is the process for helping out with the ebuilds? When I come
9 > across outdated ebuilds, what can I do to help out?
10 >
11 > I've got some free time a few days a week that I just play with linux
12 > and such. I'd be willing to donate some of it towards portage efforts.
13 >
14 > For example the latest version of divx4linux is 5.0 and the latest
15 > ebuild is for a 4.0 codec. This is something that is big with a lot of
16 > users and really should be kept up to date.
17 >
18 > * media-libs/divx4linux
19 > Latest version Available: 20011025
20 > Latest version Installed: 20011025