From: Robert Cole <robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] net.eth0 without an IP addy
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:11:36
6 negotiates a link and logs the mac. Anyone have an idea on how to send a
7 broadcast to the switch with nothing setup in /etc/conf.d/net ?
8
9 I've been trying mii-diag without success. I'm using the 3c59x driver in
10 gentoo-sources. Gentoo rc3.
11
12 Before I get into modifying the net.eth0 script I would like to see if tehre
13 is something I'm missing here. :)
14
15 Here's a link to what I'm trying to setup:
16
17 http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6222
18
19 Any help would be appreciated. When I'm complete with this I will submit it to
20 the gentoo security docs.
21
22 Robert
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list