From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] slot deps in package.mask and profiles
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:33:55
1 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > I talked to Zac <zmedico> earlier in #gentoo-portage about adding an
5 > entry to package.mask for KDE-4.2.0 using slot deps. Thomas <tanderson>
6 > and Patrick <bonsaikitten> raised the concern we might need profile
7 > eapis and that PMS nailed p.mask to EAPI-0.
8 > Zac confirmed that the first stable version to support slot deps in p.
9 > mask was 2.1.3.16, that it was stabled in bug 197165 - 14 months ago
10 > - - and that the first stages to include it were the 2008.0 stages.
11 > Thus, can we finally give the ok to use slot deps in package.mask? Can
12 > we also give the ok to use it everywhere in all 2008.0 and later profiles/ ?
13
14 What happens on a 2007.0 base install if slot deps are used in p.mask?
15 You only need to upgrade portage before anything else?
16
17 -Jeremy