From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: new global use flag: luajit
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 14:15:59
1 On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 09:05:57 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > All,
5 >
6 > there are currently 19 packages in the tree that have the luajit use
7 > flag, and I am planning on adding 10 more.
8 >
9 > I think this use flag should be global with the following description:
10 >
11 > "use the lua just-in-time compiler for lua support"
12 >
13 > If there are no objections, I'll start the transition on or after 17
14 > Jul.
15
16 I'd rather avoid adding more of this until we figure out what to do
17 about multiple Lua versions. The Lua5.1/5.2 split is still stuck
18 nowhere, and luajit is yet another variant to handle.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny
23 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>