From: Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: CAcert certificate distribution license to third parties (i.e. distributors like gentoo)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 01:04:24
On Sunday 13 December 2009 22:44:05 Daniel Black wrote:
> Recently this got produced as a draft license for parties distributing > CAcert's root certificate(s) (like us). > > https://svn.cacert.org/CAcert/Policies/Agreements/3PVDisclaimerAndLicence.h > tml > > This is still in draft hasn't been discussed in CAcert's policy group yet. > > If you want to follow/contribute to this discussion look for a post to the > policy list soon. > https://lists.cacert.org/wws/info/cacert-policy > > I make no inferences good or bad about this. Mainly because I'm writing > this with a headache. > > Cheers, > > Daniel
Recently Sasha from Fedora has proposed CAcert's root distribution license as CC-ND. This avoids many complications of the draft proposal above. By joining the list you can vote for it. the proposal: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-policy/2010-06/msg00151.html Once registered on this site there is a "send to (your email)" link on the top right to preserve threading. ref: http://spreitzer.name/set-the-cacert-root-certificates-free Daniel