From: Robert <racsw@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A polite suggestion for LaserJet users
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:28:02
1 Hello,
2 I'm looking over Gentoo based on a referral from a Linux guru friend
3 of mine in England.
4 I usually print out the information, which allows me time, when
5 available, to go over it. I have a relatively new HP LaserJet 1200 for
6 doing all my document printing. Problem is, you're using a color on
7 your web site that look terrific, but interferes with the printed text.
8 (For the LaserJet)
9 Specifically, I'm in Gentoo Linux 1.4 Installation Instructions,
10 "About the Install".
11 There is a purple heading bar that says "stage, tarball, requirements
12 for installation" None of those words are reproducing so as to be
13 readable. Everything else is fine, but any words that are in that
14 purple bar anywhere on the page has the same problem.. ( e.g. "Code
15 Listing..." )
16 Maybe the color is the problem with the LJ, I'm not sure, but maybe you
17 could change the color or produce a "Printer Friendly" version?
18
19 Thanks,
20 Robert