From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: making USE_EXPANDed variables incremental
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:29:42
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > Following a discussion in #gentoo-portage earlier this evening, it was
3 > suggested that I send out an RFC email for this. So, does anyone object
4 > to requiring that any variable listed in USE_EXPAND be treated as
5 > incremental, at least as far as profile inheritance is concerned?
6
7 That means that the base profiles must have a minimal setting that is
8 added to in lower profiles, rather than a reasonable default that's
9 entirely reset in lower profiles (perhaps to a smaller setting), correct?
10
11 I'm not a huge fan of that, if that's what it requires, since there is
12 no way of subtracting USE_EXPAND settings that I know about.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Donnie