From: Network Administrator <netadmin@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] install
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:46:16
1 1/23/02
2
3 I am a windows NT admin who has been very excited about linux for about 9 months. I've been getting as much experience with it as I can. Yesterday I started your install routine after reading about your distribution in a article. It sounded very apealing. One thing I haven't liked is all the junk that comes with most distributions even when installed in expert mode. So eventhough I am pretty new at linux I thought I would give it a try. Your installation instructions were great. I had no trouble intill I got to "Final network configuration". I have no idea how to properly edit the /etc/init.d/net.eth0 script. I skipped that step, finished up then rebooted. I get a banner pop-up that says I need DEVFS support. I went back into "make menuconfig" and I do not see anything about DEVFS. So, I need a proper network config script and a DevFS tip.
4
5 Patrick Kelley
6 Network Administrator
7 mis@×××××××××××.com