From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo beeping at me!
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:44:02
1 Hey,
2
3 Someone was bound to complain. I set xorg to emerge and go to sleep. I
4 fall asleep and it starts beeping! GRR! Doesnt it bother anyone? --
5 under no circumstances do I want beeping.
6
7 I use portlog-info after emerge to read all einfo/ewarn/eerror
8 messages and who actually sits there watching the compile output for
9 hours? -- I do all compiling strictly when the machine is idle and
10 thats during the night.
11
12 So is ebeep really needed at all? -- if anything have an elog function
13 or something to stick a note in emerge.log or something if its that
14 crucial. I know this was discussed already, but please, no beeping.
15
16 Also, if you're going to use ebeep, how about an option in make.conf:
17 beep="no" # annoying beeping sound for those that actually watch the
18 compile output.
19
20 Regards
21 Roman Gaufman