From: Martin Schipany <elcondor@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Kernel 2.5 problems
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 02:29:17
1 hi!
2
3 due to the youth of my notebook i tried 2.5.13 for better acpi and
4 other things. sad thing is, that gentoo doesn't really boot up. first
5 it stopped ad cardmgr (okay, removed that one from boot-process,
6 kernel should be doing fine itself ;), then it stopped at syslog
7 (well, i'd like to have logging but not by all means) then it died
8 trying to startup gdm/X - which is really a problem.
9
10 does anyone have a 2.5.x kernel running with gentoo? are there any
11 known incompatibilities? (i know that the kernel is unstable, but
12 syslog and gpm making problems is not too deep in the kernel i'd
13 think)
14
15 +lg
16
17 M.
21 * *
22 * Martin Schipany email: elcondor@×××××.net *
23 * phone & fax: (+43) 1 - 810 27 67 *
24 * mobil: (+43) 676 - 304 88 34 *
25 * IRC : ElCondor on channel #diddl *
26 * *
28
29 "So here I am the victim of my own choices, and I'm just starting."