From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [v4] Planning for automatic assignment computation of bugs
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:39:10
1 On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 03:29:46PM +0200, Robert Buchholz wrote:
2 > > 5. Javascript then appends the server results into the "Additional
3 > > Comments" box: a suggested assignee and suggested CC values, with
4 > > logic as to why.
5 > > 6. The wrangler can copy and paste the data into the fields, editing
6 > > further as desired.
7 > It would be nice if we had a checkbox "Accept Changes" or of
8 > that "Suggest" button would fill in the fields itself. Two more copy
9 > and paste actions less.
10 It's much harder to edit in the CC and assigned-to input boxes than in
11 the comment area.
12
13 > > 2. If the summary line contains a package atom for a package that
14 > > does not exist, but a category that does exist, use the metadata.xml
15 > > for that category.
16 > We have three alternatives here:
17 > If at least one valid atom is found, but other atoms are present that
18 > only have an existing category...
19 >
20 > (1) ignore metadata for that category
21 > (2) treat category as regular metadata
22 > (3) append categtory metadata to the end of maintainer list
23 >
24 > For example, "dev-java/ibm-jkd-bin breaks with
25 > x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.0.0"
26 >
27 > With the typo in ibm-jdk-bin, the ordered list of maintainers to
28 > assign/cc would* be
29 > (1) x11@g.o
30 > (2) java@g.o,x11@g.o
31 > (3) x11@g.o,java@g.o
32 >
33 > * if java herd maintained dev-java category
34 #2 is the best result here, and I think most summary sentences will be
35 structured such that the broken thing is the first atom, so we shouldn't
36 re-order the category meta to the end.
37
38 > > 3. If a maintainer element contains the non-default 'ignoreauto=1'
39 > > attribute AND a non-empty role element (describing why this
40 > > maintainer should not be contacted), delete it from the list.
41 > The role element is not present for maintainers in metadata.xml, only in
42 > herds.xml. Should we leave this out, or do you mean the description
43 > element?
44 Sorry, I did mean description. My diff to metadata.dtd was right, just
45 this text was wrong.
46
47 > > 1. For handling <herd>no-herd</herd>, we should add an entry into
48 > > herds.xml to catch it (maintainer-needed <at> g.o). Every herd listed
49 > > in an ebuild MUST be in herds.xml.
50 > I agree for consistency reasons, the "no-herd" should be listed on
51 > herds.xml. However, it should not implicate maintainer-needed, as a lot
52 > of maintained ebuilds carry no-herd and all maintainer-needed ebuilds
53 > carry a "maintainer-needed@g.o" maintainer in their own
54 > metadata.xml
55 I'll handle this in the other subthread.
58 Robin Hugh Johnson
59 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
60 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
61 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85