From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: old udev versions
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:53:50
1 > I've looked at the kernel packages we have in /usr/portage, but have no
2 > guide there either. If I go by gentoo-sources, I could get rid of all
3 > but very recent versions of udev, but I have heard some things also
4 > about people using older kernels. Also, vanilla-sources goes all the way
5 > back to 2.6.16 (I have no idea why)?
6
7 Well just for the record my vserver (xen domU) hoster is still going strong
8 with 2.6.30 ... I'm trying to get that changed but with 10ยค/month I'm probably
9 not the strongest financial incentive... a pity because otherwise I'm really
10 very happy with the company... -a
14 Andreas K. Huettel
15 Gentoo Linux developer
16 dilfridge@g.o