From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI usage in main tree
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:41:12
1 2011-01-25 22:33:16 Lars Wendler napisaƂ(a):
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I don'f feel very well with this idea especially because no matter how hard I
5 > try I don't get comfortable with EAPI-3. No offense to our prefix guys, you
6 > surely did a hell of a good job and EAPI-3 seems to really get you out of
7 > quite some trouble you had with earlier EAPIs, but...
8 > I for myself never tried a prefix installation and I don't have any intentions
9 > to do this in the foreseeable future so I still prefer EAPI-2 wherever I can
10 > simply because EAPI-3 imposes overhead on my side which I have no real benefit
11 > from and I have no real clue about how to write proper EAPI-3 ebuilds.
12
13 You can use EAPI="3" without supporting prefix installations.
16 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis