From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - Gentoo on the Lab
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 02:16:34
1 Ricardo Loureiro wrote:
2 > Some questions:
3 >
4 > 1- Can I RSYNC_EXCLUDE everything except profiles and have an usable
5 > system?
6
7 Depending on exactly how you're doing this, you'll probably want to keep
8 eclasses/ as well.
9
10 > 2- There was a portagesql effort, is it dead?
11
12 Yes. It has been for a while, afaik.
13
14 > 3- If I tweak a custom profile not to have dev packages such as gcc,
15 > what kind of problems should I expect? Which packages from the base
16 > profile MUST exist? The idea is that the client machines should not
17 > be capable of compiling software.
18
19 You'll probably run into an ebuild somewhere that directly depends on gcc and/or
20 related dev packages (very likely one of the leftover 'system' packages).
21
22 > 4- Any ideas on how the conf files should be handled?
23
24 Nope :)
27 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
28 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list