From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project summaries
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:43:21
1 On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 08:49 +0200, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > any project lead/member can post an answer to this mail for a status
3 > report:
4
5 The Ruby project summary:
6
7 We've had two new project members recently: a3li and gengor. In addition
8 we also have a number of new people who help out on occasion with our
9 overlay.
10
11 More ruby versions are now available:
12 - Ruby 1.9.x is in the tree. It's masked for now pending more testing
13 and pending getting the tree more ready for it.
14 - Ruby Enterprise Edition is available in our overlay.
15 - We also have the latest ruby 1.8.6 and 1.8.7 versions in our tree.
16
17 We are in the process of cleaning up the eclasses and getting them ready
18 to support multiple ruby versions as well.
19
20 We have a Summer of Code project which will deliver a tool to treat Ruby
21 Gems as first-class citizens in Gentoo, including such things as
22 patching and testing. We hope that this will improve the quality and
23 quantity of ruby code that we can offer.
24
25 Future plans:
26
27 - Complete ruby 1.9.x migration and unmask it.
28 - Get Ruby Enterprise Edition ready to move to the main tree
29 - Add Summer of Code tool to the tree and convert majority of current
30 ebuilds to use it.
31 - Recruit more people: while we are not in bad shape right now we could
32 certainly use one or two more people to keep things moving along.
33 - Get our open bug count down.
34
35 Kind regards,
36