From: Peter Fein <pfein@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Several portage trees
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:45:32
1 On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:02:03 -0700
2 George Shapovalov <george@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 25 April 2003 08:10, Peter Fein wrote:
7 <much liberal snipping>
8
9 > Lets see: Joe User wants to see what's available in this "freaky" stuff he
10 > heard so much about on some topic. I can imagine him going like that:
11 > "Oh, there was some noise recently on creating that freaky-branch, should be
12
13 This made me smile ^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
14
15 > cool to see what's in there. What? Its like 1000+ ebuilds there, how am I
16 > going to make sence of it ever. Did these guys set-up a search engine yet?
17
18 I feel this way about the regular tree sometimes, let alone with a possible
19 forest.
20
21 > As you can see I have strong feelings about this type of branching, I hope
22 > this serves as an explanation. I apologise to anybody who thinks I was too
23 > harsh in this comment.
24 >
25 > So, what instead? Can I point you and everybody interested in the direction of
26 > #1523 again ;)?
27
28 I just reread it and it made sense this time. ;) It's a much better solution.
29
30 > On a final note I just want to solicit some patience and faith in developers.
31 > We do acknowledge the problem and we are trying to address it. Don't forget
32 > that we are talking about core infrastructure changes here and it always
33 > takes time, especially if we want to stay alive during them :).
34
35 Sorry if I was overeager - I'm quite appreciative of the work y'all do. Please
36 stay alive. ;)
37
38 > Post final note :). As always, discussion and contributions in other forms are
39 > wellcome!
40
41 My carrier pigeon will be departing shortly. ;) Happy Friday!
44 Peter Fein
45 pfein@×××××.com
46 773-575-0694
49 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list