From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:32:09
On 04/27/12 00:03, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> as soon as possible (which likely means in the next EAPI?): > > * two new files in profile directories supported, package.use.stable.mask and > package.use.stable.force > * syntax is identical to package.use.mask and package.use.force > * meaning is identical to package.use.mask and package.use.force, except that > the resulting rules are ONLY applied iff a stable keyword is in use
Wouldn't it be more obvious/simple to have an extra profile subdirectory containing package.use.mask and package.use.force? Maybe in combination with 'eselect profile' to be able to select multiple profiles [1], selecting both what /etc/make.profile pointed to as symlink as well as some /usr/portage/profile/unstable/$arch - to avoid the need for having an extra unstable/ subdir within each (selectable) profile dir. Actually, I do have an extra unstable/ subdir for each selectable profile here, besides an extra buildbot/ subdir too... As a side effect, this wouldn't affect EAPI in any way. [1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_a69bee8bfa00146ee05e49adf722e791.xml my .02 /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level